Sunday 18 March 2018

Faith Is All You Need - Mixed Media Art

Hello everyone
I hope you all are doing well. I have a DT Inspiration for Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog where the theme all month is Anything Goes + Option Easter. The challenge is midway and there is still more time....so hop onto the blog and play along.
I am putting my project for the following challenges:-
  1. Words& Paintery March 2018 challenge
  2. Addicted to Stamps and more Challenge#283 - Holiday - My project is specially made to celebrate Easter which send out the message to have FAITH.
  3. Craft addiction Mixed media March 2018 Challenge - Moodboard
  4. Rhedds Creative spirit - March Challenge
  5. Creative Artiste Challenge Blog #36 - Anything Goes
  6. Creates and Makes challenge #19 - anything goes
  7. The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #46 - Use a stencil and 3 mediums - I have used faded floral stencil from Prima Marketing and mediums - Modelling paste, White gesso, Heavy body gel and acrylic colors 
  8. WordArtWednesday -week 326-327 - Anything Goes
  9. More mixed media Challenge - anything Goes optional green
  10. Creative challenge MMW # 26 - Spring Moodboard - Easter in celebrated in spring and thats my way to depict spring. Also I have incorporated blue, yellow and hints of green along with flowers in my project inspired by the moodboard.
  11. Scrapping4fun challenge #111- anything goes with flowers - I have used floral chipboard elements in my project
  12. Simonsaysstamp  Wednesday Challenge - Easter Inspired Moodboard.
Image may contain: textImage result for simon says stamp easter wednesday challenge




Now for the process how I made this project.
I started this mixed media piece on a egg shaped chipboard piece which I fussy cut and gave it a coat of gesso. I then added layers and textures using chipboard pieces and cheesecloth. I gave it all a good coat of gesso and thoroughly dried it.

Then, I made the cross with 2 layers of chipboard, added gesso and then texture to it using a Prima Marketing Fading Floral stencil. I adhered it to the front using some gel medum, Once verything was dry, I started to color it using 3 Camel Artists acrylic paints - Cadmium Yellow Medium, Cobal Blue hue, Cadmium Yellow and Cadmium Orange. I mixed these colors with Tinted Metallic paint silver Oak to add a little shine and sparkle to this project.
Once everything was dry, I dry brushed my project with gesso and then added more highlights using Prima Metallique waxes - Vintage Gold and White Gold. The sentiment is handwritten by me and adhered using gel medium.That finishes my project and I hope you all find some inspiration in it. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day ahead. 

40 comments:

  1. This is so stunning!! The texture and colors are gorgeous!! I love the details!! It's so beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it too.
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. This cfreation is really beautiful! I like it a lot.
    Lia DT S4F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it too.
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. This is so very beautiful! I'm so thankful for a risen savior! I love your mixed media style and gorgeous design. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it too.
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. Beautifull easter creation!
    Ingunn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it too.
      Hugs

      Delete
  5. What a lovely design, Mukta! Wonderful texture, colors, and sentiment! Thank you for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it too.
      Hugs

      Delete
  6. I am loving your egg..such beautiful colours and all those lovely elements.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this month at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it too.
      Hugs

      Delete
  7. Your egg is astounding, rich with textures, intricate details and images that reflect the essence of Easter! Such a wonderful composition! So thrilled you shared your creativity in the Addicted to Stamps and More gallery.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it too.
      Hugs

      Delete
  8. This is lovely love the colours very springy and fresh
    Thanks for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it too.
      Hugs

      Delete
  9. This is gorgeous, Mukta. The colors, the texture, the sentiment. It all goes together for a spectacular design. Thanks for sharing your egg with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it too.
      Hugs

      Delete
  10. Great colours and textures Mukta. Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it too.
      Hugs

      Delete
  11. This is really lovely. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it too.
      Hugs

      Delete
  12. Stunning mixed media creation, love all the texture
    Have a Blessed easter weekend
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  13. Lovely project.. Thanks for playing with us at MMW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  14. you have created a wonderful easter project mukta. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge.Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@S4F
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  15. Beautiful project and the perfect message! Thank you for sharing your art and playing along with us at Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  16. Beautiful project.. Thanks for playing at Words & Paintery!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  17. Beautiful piece! Thank you for joining us at Words & Paintery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  18. Very pretty and unique. Thank you for sharing this with us at Words & Paintery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  19. So beautiful !! Thank you for playing with with us at Words & Paintery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  20. Wonderful project!Thanks for join us from Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete