Sunday 7 May 2017

Shabby Chic Mother's Day card.

Hey Guys
I hope you all are doing well. I am back with my new project which is a Shabby Chic Mother’s Day card. I have recently started trying my hand at some shabby chic projects and I hope you guys are liking it…… So anyways this one is made for my mother for the upcoming Mother’s Day. 
I have made this card using The Wedding collection paper pack from Papericious which I was hoarding for some time now and finally gave in the urge to use these beautiful papers….. I matter them with some silver glitter paper from Itsybitsy. I have distressed the pattern paper on the edges using Tim Holtz distressing tool.



On the paper, I added pattern chipboard element from Papericious. I coated it with some white gesso and let it dry thoroughly.  I made little shaker windows on the pattern chipboard using clear acetate sheets and some pretty Papericious  sequins, white star confetti stars and silver sparkle dots……Looks really cute.  To add a little sparkle, I added little clear sparkle powder and Twinklet Diamond Dust at few places.


Now was the fun part where I just went crazy with adding all the flowers and leaves. I used Papericious lace, Mulberry flowers like rose, lily and poppy and single pollen flowers, green diecut leaves and some diecuts from Elizabeth craft designs.

I added a sentiment “Happy Mother’s Day” from Just Rite stamps and some butterflies from the same stamp set on some vellum. I heat embossed it with some Black Ranger embossing powder and then used Abandoned Coral distress ink on the butterflies to give it some color. To finish the card front, I added some clear, silver and white cup sequins……cute right.

On the inside, I kept it pretty plain. I just added a bokeh effect paper from the same paper pack with some silver glitter paper. That finished my card.

Supplies used :-
1 Papericious The wedding Collection paper pack
2 Papericious Baby Pink square sequins
3 Papericious Laces and Trims - Leaves
4 Itsybitsy Silver glitter paper
5 270gsm white Cardstock
6 Just rite Floral Basket clear Stamp -  The Crafter's corner
7 Ranger black Heat embossing Powder - The Craft shop
8 Elizabeth Craft Designs die - Leafy Branch 2 -  The Crafter's corner
9 Handmade Flowers, Leaves and single pollen flowers - The craft shop. The Crafter's corner
10 Clear vellum - Itsybitsy
11 Silicon glue - Itsybitsy
12 Foam dimension tape
13 Clear sparkle powder
14 Twinklets diamond dust
15 Acetate sheet - Itsybitsy
16 Papericious pattern chipboard - round Hearts
17 Clear, white and silver sequins

Here is a video to view my card up close

I am putting my card up at the following blog challenges
Papericious April challenge - Add a Shaker element

Craft Stamper Magazine - Take it Make it May Challenge
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
CWS Challenge #14 - Flowers
Inky chicks challenge #82- Butterflies
Scrapping4fun Challenge #89 - Anything Goes
 

10 Scrapy Land challenge #65 - Anything Goes
I hope you guys like my card. I was in a hurry this time and couldn’t do and tutorial but I am planning to do one very soon…Thank you for reading this post. Till next time…. Keep crafting.

36 comments:

  1. very pretty card :) i'm sure your mum will be so happy to receive this beauty
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Preety...i sure hope so too. Ty so much for visiting me. Have a fab day ahead.
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey Mary
      Ty so much for stopping by. So glad you like it,,,
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, Mukta, this is stunning!! I love the papers you used!! The circle and hearts background looks amazing and how clever to make some into shakers!! The flowers are absolutely gorgeous!! I love, love this, my friend!! Your Mom will treasure it!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land and DL.ART!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa
      Ty so much for stopping by. I am so glad that you noticed all the little details and you love them as much as I do. Ty so much for visiting me.....
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. Awesome card! Love all the detail you put in it. Thank you for blessing us with your artwork here at Word Art Wednesday. Please join us again soon. Leaving you with the inspiration of the scripture from Jeremiah 17:7 (KJV) which says, "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is."

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jo Ann
      So glad you could stop by. I am so happy to know you like my card. That scripture is so beautiful...Ty so much for stopping by.
      Hugs

      Delete
  5. A whole flower bouquet on on card, sweeeeet
    Thanks for joining creativewithstampschallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caroline..
      Ty so much for stopping by. glad you liked the flower bouquet.
      Hugs

      Delete
  6. Its beautiful I love the little shaker windows, such a cleaver Idea.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tracy
      So glad you like my card. Those little windows are so much fun and I happy to know you like them too. Ty for stopping by.
      Hugs

      Delete
  7. Wow! This card is so gorgeous, I don't know where to start. I love all the layers and it all comes together so beautifully. thank you for joining us at the Creative With Stamps May challenge. Dorlene DT CWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dorlene
      Ty so much for all the kind words. Glad to know you like everything. Ty for stopping by and hope to see you again
      Hugs

      Delete
  8. Wow, just gorgeous!!! Love all the little details!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Lilian. Glad you like my card.
      Hugs

      Delete
  9. Beautiful work, gorgeous flower cluster :) Thank you so much for joining us at Papericious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Monia
      Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you like it
      Hugs

      Delete
  10. Lovely :)
    thanks for participating the Papericious challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you like it
      Hugs

      Delete
  11. Another adorable project! Thanks for playing with our Papericious challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Irit
      Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you like it
      Hugs

      Delete
  12. Beautiful! Thank you joining us at Papericious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Erum
      Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you like it
      Hugs

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous card!! Thank you for joining us at Papericious April Challenge, again. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shilpa
      Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you like it
      Hugs

      Delete
  14. Beautiful card, love all the flowers and layers
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachelle
      Ty so much for visiting me. So glad you liked my card.
      Hugs

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous Card !
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land challenges blog and good luck !
    Maryvonne DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maryvonne
      Ty so much for visiting me. Hope to see you again
      Hugs

      Delete
  16. Your card is beautiful. I love so much about this card. The layers and flowers are stunning. So glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps.

    Billie A
    Creative with Stamps
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Aud Sentiments
    Stampavie and More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Billie
      So glad you liked my card. I am happy to know that you noticed all the little details.
      Ty so much for stopping by
      Hugs

      Delete
  17. Pretty card! love the soft colors!Thank you joining us at Papericious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ujjwal...
      Ty so much for stopping by. i am happy you agree with my color palette...
      Cheers

      Delete
  18. Love all your details. Thanks for admitting your creation to our challenge at the CRAFT STAMPER MAGAZINE blog.

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Majo...ty so much for stopping by. So glad you like my project...
      Hugs
      Mukta

      Delete