Monday 19 September 2016

Birthday Journal / Album

Hello all you wonderful people out there
I am back today with yet another project. Its a Birthday journal/ album that I made for a dear friend whose birthday is today. Its ideally made from scrap cardboard pieces we get our couriers delivered in or inside our shirts....those thick corrugated cardboard pieces are used to make this album.

This album is 8" by 6.5" in size and has 3.5" broad spine. Unlike most albums, it doesn't have a hidden gusset binding system or a spiral binding system...This album is stitched page by page to a piece of canvas and then attached to the spine....like our notebooks or a journal. I have done this first time and it was fun experience.....
I started by folding the cardboard pieces I have to make flip pages. Then to every page, I added pattern paper and a magnetic closure. Made 6 such pages and decorated them. Then stitched them onto the canvas cloth. Once this part was ready, I added the front and back cover to the canvas and then attached them to the spine of the book.
The stitching part was fun. I never stitched books before and I had much fun doing that. Covered the entire album with handmade paper from Itsybitsy as its very sturdy. Decorated the front with floral cutouts from Eno Greetings paper pack...I used the same collection to do the pages.
For the album closure, I added a metal clasp with chain and some charms dangling to it.
Overall, I loved this album and had much fun making this. Will make one soon but this time might add actual pages instead of cardboard pages. I hope you all liked this album and thank you for visiting me.

2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! The design is fabulous!! I love the details and the pretty papers you used!! What a beautiful gift this is!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lisa. I am glad you liked it. Ty for visiting me.

      Delete