Wednesday 20 July 2016

Baby Mobile Card

Hey guys
How have you been? I am a bit busy this week with some work commitments, but I am taking pictures of the projects before I dispatch them. I am not able to find time to blog about them as soon as I take pictures, so I am posting about them in between my work when i can find time. So, here is a Congrats card I made for someone who just had a baby. I am linking this card at Craft Stamper for the challenge of this month which is Anything Goes.
I made this card yellow and grey as I wasn't informed if it was boy or a girl and hence the color choice. This card has a gift envelope inside so it can carry your message as well as cash gift.
To make this card, I have used a 5.5"by 5.5"white cardstock for base. Then I went ahead and googled some elephant clipart to make the mobile. I found a one I liked and printed it to the size I wanted. Then after printing it, I tweaked it a little to make it look like the one in the card.
Once, I was happy with my elephant, I fussy cut it out. I took a white cardstock and added yellow polka dotted paper tape on it. I then traced my elephant 4 times on this piece of cardstock and then fussy them out. Then, to add the ears, I cut 4 hearts from Papericious Colour Celebration pattern paper. To make the mobile stand, i used the same pattern paper and used a black waterproof pen to make the threads. I adhered the elephant to the card using foam tape and added a flat pearl to finish the mobile. I have stamped the congrats sentiment from JustRite Clear Grand Handwritten Sentiments Stamp Set on white cardstock and layered it on the pattern paper. To finish the card, I added some yellow bakers twine and a thin strip of the Papericious Colour celebration pattern paper.

For the inside, I made a small envelope and added the swirly pattern and Best wishes Sentiment which re both from Inkadinkado Birthday Wishes Stamp Set. Secured the envelope using White Satin ribbon.For detailed Turorial for making the envelope, please refer my earlier post Congrats on your Engagement.
I want to remind you all about the giveaway running on my blog till 28th July. Please visit the post One Lakh Blogviews and Giveaway to know how to participate in the giveaway.
Thank you for reading my post and hope you all liked it.

Supplies used:
  1. White cardstock
  2. Papericious Colour Celebration pattern paper
  3. Yellow polka Dotted paper tape
  4. Black waterproof finetip pen
  5. Memento Dye inks- Tuxedo Black and Dandelion
  6. Yellow Baker's Twine
  7. Scotch foam adhesive
  8. Red tacky tape
  9. Martha Stewart Scoring borad
  10. Scissors
  11. JustRite Clear Grand Handwritten Sentiments Stamp Set.
  12. Inkadinkado Birthday Wishes Stamp Set.
  13. Satin Ribbon from ItsyBitsy.

10 comments:

  1. This is so creative and beautiful!! I love the elephants!! The inside gift envelope is a fabulous touch!! Absolutely gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa...Ty for visiting me. Thats really nice of you....xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Wow those elephants are so cute Mukta. I liked the color scheme and the twine. Are these Baker's twine available in India?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...Bakers twine in available in india...I bought these from ItsyBitsy. But there are more places you can find them....I even bought one from a local craft store Anupam. Ty for all the lovely comments....xoxo

      Delete
  3. hey Mukta.... nice blog & beautiful work. The card looks soo pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is so cute Mukta...All the creations are beautiful..happy to follow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sindhu....Ty for visiting me. I am glad you like my work.

      Delete